A Nationwide Mobility Index
Although reachability is one of the most important location factors for citizens and companies, there is currently no source in Germany that evaluates it comprehensively and nationwide. In general, reachability consists of a broad spectrum of quality features. In addition to cost, they also include time, frequency and capacity of the various means of transport. Existing maps, timetables and navigation systems usually only show a selection of these features.
The goal of MoIn is to develop a concept for a nationwide mobility index and to evaluate the technical and economic feasibility of its nationwide provisioning. As part of the project, the following must be clarified:
- how a holistic mapping of the mobility system can be realized across carrier systems and modality chains,
- which criteria for reachability can be systematically recorded and mapped,
- in which use cases the index created in this way can be integrated in a beneficial way and finally
- how an operation and the continuous updating of the index can be realized in a sustainable manner.
To answer these questions, the mobility index is prototypically calculated in a selected area as part of MoIn and provided along with interactive visualizations via a dashboard.
- Map visualization
- Multimodal routing
- December 1st, 2020 – November 30th, 2021
- Funded by the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI)
- Part of the mFund Programme